On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 at 07:44:03 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Monday, 15 June 2015 at 09:30:11 UTC, ponce wrote:
On Sunday, 14 June 2015 at 21:37:14 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Sunday, 14 June 2015 at 21:20:36 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
Not sure how Audacity plugins are written (on OSX it can use AudioUnits also I believe), but might be worth looking into. Might attract some GNU/Linux people.

The wiki said that Audacity ships with Vamp:

http://www.vamp-plugins.org/develop.html

I was under the impression that LV2 was the Linux standard. But since Bitwig Studio has been released for Linux, VST is the most serious contender in this space.

http://www.vamp-plugins.org/rationale.html

http://bugzilla.audacityteam.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=LV2

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Plug-ins
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Creating_your_own_Plug-in

VAMP does look like a very interesting format, however immediate goal is survival in the commercial space, where AAX, Mac and AudioUnit are much more important :) It isn't even sure I will continue with D but for now there is not much absolute blockers. Lack of OSX shared libraries could be one though.

VAMP roughly fits dplug (apart from non-changing parameters), but then it would be a subset of possible VAMP plugins if implemented.