On Friday, 3 July 2015 at 15:56:24 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
Aren't there time-zone concerns? Or is this just a mapping between D's std.datetime.DateTime and python's datetime.datetime with tzinfo==None, i.e. a naive date?

Also, there would have to be some serious warning signs about translating from python to D, in that the micro-seconds will be truncated. Doesn't a lack of microseconds make it unusable for tick data?

https://docs.python.org/3/c-api/datetime.html

The Python API has microseconds passed as an int in last argument. You're right that I hadn't considered that D DateTime doesn't have fractions of a second (I think), so a SysTime would be better.

On the other hand, I think datetime.datetime and numpy datetime64 are timezone-free.

both datetime.datetime and numpy.datetime64 have timezone support.