Am 22.07.2015 um 17:29 schrieb Kai Nacke:
Hi all!

Did you notice that development of LDC has been a bit slowly in the
past? The reason is my book D Web Development, available now for
pre-order: https://www.packtpub.com/web-development/d-web-development

The story behind the book:
Some time after the review of the "D Cookbook" I was asked by Packt
Publishing if I would be interested in writing a book about web
development with D. By that time I used vibe.d only as a test case for
LDC :-) But then I took a closer look at the features of vibe.d and got
enthusiastic about it. I agreed to write the book. Hopefully the book
shows much fun it is to use D for web applications.

For me writing a book is an incredible experience. It's challenging
because I am not a native English speaker. But I am having lot of fun in
exploring all the details, creating examples and writing about it. I
learned a lot in this process, including some more D programming. :-)

A big thank to all (known and unknown) reviewers, to Andrei for
contributing the foreword and all others who helped in one way or the
other.

Having finished about 60% of the chapters, the other 40% and the rework
due to comments still absorb most of my time. Please be patient if
fixing LDC bugs  takes some more time as usual.

Regards,
Kai


Nice! I had heard of the plans for this book, but didn't have time to actively contribute. But give me a ping if you need some additional review. I can't promise that I'll be fast, but I'll do my best!

Reply via email to