On 23-Aug-2015 08:17, Walter Bright wrote:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4923

We have made the switch from C++ DMD to D DMD!

Many, many thanks to Daniel Murphy for slaving away for 2.5 years to
make this happen. More thanks to Martin Nowak for helping shepherd it
through the final stages, and to several others who have pitched in on
this.

This is a HUGE milestone for us.

Much work remains to be done, such as rebasing existing dmd pull
requests. Thanks in advance for the submitters who'll be doing that. I
hope you aren't too unhappy about the extra work - it's in a good cause!

Congratulations!

Looks like my last excuse for not hacking on DMD evaporated.. Ouch ;)

--
Dmitry Olshansky