On Monday, 24 August 2015 at 19:14:46 UTC, Joseph Cassman wrote:
On Monday, 24 August 2015 at 18:43:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Hello everyone,

Following an increasing desire to focus on working on the D language and foundation, I have recently made the difficult decision to part ways with Facebook, my employer of five years and nine months.

[...]

Respect.

Joseph

+1.

Andrei is a major reason I decided to use D in the first place, his presence in the C++ community was very influential. Seeing him personally put a large portion of his life aside to push D forward is very reassuring that D is not on the way out.