On Sunday, 6 September 2015 at 22:49:17 UTC, jqb wrote:
verging on racism with talk of "Nigerian software"

The term has nothing to do with racism. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/419_scams AFAIK, in Russia, my home, this type of scam is commonly known as "Nigerian letters": https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Нигерийские_письма I assume you're an American, because Americans are obsessed with racism and overly sensitive in general, they like to bring such things up. Funny fact: in Russia, we call black people negros, and it's completely normal, just like calling Chinese or Georgian people asian. On the other hand, pointing out skin color _is_ racist here, no matter if it's black, yellow or white. All this stuff is completely culture-dependent, after all.

On the topic: I agree that being rude is not the way do discuss things, especially in an IT community (we strive to be smarter than the majority of people, don't we?). But I understand the skepticism in comments. Best scientists study inner workings of human brain and are working on theory of consciousness if you will, but current results are far from even understanding it completely, let alone building an AI.

And then GrandAxe pops up with this revolutionary software, claiming that Okeuvo company built an AI. However, that claim is not supported by anything and reminds me of the Unlimited Detail technology by Euclideon, which was announced in a similar manner, promising a revolution in graphics rendering. As you can see, it's far from it, despite the fact they were given $2 million by the Australian government. It seems like this revolution takes a little bit more effort, than was anticipated :) And there's no reason to think Okeuvo's technology is different in that sense.

In general, I tend to not trust people, who claim that their technology _will_ do this and that, revolutionize something and so on. Show me a working technology first, sell it later. Otherwise it's nothing but promises, and I'm not interested in that, because everybody can create a website and make promises. This thread should be posted at the release date, with "will do something" replaced by "does something", supported by a working demo that anybody can download without giving up their social security number, sexual preferences and whatnot. And in this particular case, it should be also supported by scientific papers, since they claim to solve such a huge scientific problem of the 21th century.