On Sunday, 11 October 2015 at 17:57:54 UTC, Meta wrote:
Just a joke; I consider this a terrible  aspect of D.

:) I never know what is a joke or not in the forums these days.

Anyway, a key difference is that a key inspiration for both BETA and also the actor model is modelling physical (or imaginary) world processes . In that context it makes sense to think of a variable as a "process/object" that can store what you send to it just like a printer is an "process/object" asked to print what you send to it.

Most imperative languagedesign struggles with the stateful process vs pure math aspect of programming IMO.