On Tuesday, 17 November 2015 at 13:08:37 UTC, Namal wrote:
what do you think how good the download numbers are representing the popularity of D? Because I myself have downloaded the new compiler several times. One for work, one for home and one for the virtual machine I guess.

Oh the other hand, you have people like me who often skip new downloads but use D all the time anyway, and people who get them through third party package managers, etc.

My gut feeling is that it probably basically balances out, so more downloads probably means more users, though we couldn't actually tell how many users by just looking at this.