On Monday, 23 November 2015 at 22:32:57 UTC, visitor wrote:
On Monday, 23 November 2015 at 20:10:49 UTC, visitor wrote:
Andrea Fontana(s allows
let (hello, world) = ["hi", "there", "!"];

of course in your version let (hello, world)[] = ["hi", "there", "!"] works but for consistency with range, i think Fontana's note is relevant

Well, I believe it's a matter of taste. By allowing different number of elements there you allow more errors to sink in without gaining anything at all. You lose the choice between strict and loose operators, erase the difference. It's not the "consistency" I would like to have.