Hi D Community,

I am currently working on a cloud project where we intend to reinvent a lot of the old, less-than-optimal technologies. Among the technologies we are working on is a new general purpose network protocol called IAP.

IAP comes with a general purpose binary data format called ION (IAP Object Notation). ION is similar to MessagePack and CBOR, but with a few additions. ION has a table mode which can be used to model tables (like CSV files) efficiently, and which can also be used in larger object graphs. Our early serialized length + performance benchmarks look promising (tables can be down to 1/5 of JSON, and up to 2 x the speed of parsing CBOR).

ION can be used both inside IAP, but also separately with HTTP and in data and log files.

We already have a working toolkit in Java (we have Java backgrounds), but since we really find D interesting, we would like to make a D toolkit too.

Since we are rather new to D, would anyone be interested in helping us a bit out making such a library? We can probably do the coding ourselves, but might need some tips about how to pack it nicely into a D library which can be used with Dub etc.