On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 17:25:09 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 16:21:58 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
DlangUI will never use native controls. It draws all widgets itself.
But look and feel can be changed by providing custom theme.
You can create theme (set of .xml and .png files) to get DlangUI app looking exactly like native one.

In general I don't care about that sort of thing, but there is one exception: the main application menu. Unity and Aqua (OS X) both end up feeling odd if you don't use the system one.

Completely agree.
Once Cocoa backend is ready I'm going to implement native OSX menus.

Would it be possible to add native menu for Windows? I think all font-related stuff is should be look native or use native controls. Because Apps that can't handle non standard system DPI looks very bad.
  • Re: DlangUI Suliman via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: DlangUI Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: DlangUI John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: DlangUI Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: DlangUI Suliman via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: DlangUI Xavier Bigand via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: DlangUI karabuta via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: DlangUI Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-announce