On Sunday, 17 January 2016 at 04:05:31 UTC, anon wrote:

So I download the pre-build binary. And now I get:

dmd failed with exit code 1.
anon@gwave ~/g/dstep> ~/Downloads/dstep
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libclang.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/anon/Downloads/dstep
  Reason: image not found

I've got clang installed:

anon@gwave ~/g/dstep> clang -v
Apple LLVM version 7.0.2 (clang-700.1.81)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.2.0
Thread model: posix

And the path to the lib appended to $PATH environment variable (do sure how to pass this to dub):

anon@gwave ~/g/dstep> mdfind -name libclang
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/lib/libclang.dylib

anon@gwave ~/g/dstep> echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin /sbin /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/lib/

libclang.dylib needs to either be in the same directory as DStep or in any of standard library search paths. $PATH is not searched in for libraries. I think the environment variable you're looking for is $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. The standard search paths for libraries are /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib.

--
/Jacob Carlborg