On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 06:04:43 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/42w404/dlang_llvmbacked_compiler_alpha_release_for/


Thanks, I wondered if it had been posted, as it's the kind of oddity they might enjoy. :)

On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 07:01:30 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
On Sunday, 24 January 2016 at 15:12:30 UTC, Joakim wrote:
An alpha release of ldc, the llvm-based D compiler, for Android devices is now available. It is best used with the excellent Termux app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux&hl=en) and a bluetooth keyboard. ;) Updated test runners, that run most tests from the standard library on any Android device, are also available (results have been reported for everything from a TomTom BRIDGE GPS navigation device to a Huawei Watch):

https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases/tag/polish


Cannot build ldc for Android according to instructions
http://wiki.dlang.org/Build_LDC_for_Android

git clone --recursive https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc.git
  cd ldc/
  git submodule update
curl -O https://gist.githubusercontent.com/joakim- noah/63693ead3aa62216e1d9/raw/b89d77d66a80206b4dd3d78bb10d83a7e368f3d4/ldc_android_arm
  git apply ldc_android_arm

Patch cannot be applied to current ~master
I've tried to checkout several recent tagged versions - doesn't work too.
Probably it's applicable only to some particular LDC version.
What version of ldc should I checkout to apply this patch?

(Building LDC on Windows)

It's not hard to figure out, as 'git apply ldc_android_arm' says it fails on dmd2/root/port.c and 'git log dmd2/root/port.c' shows this recent change to master:

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/commit/556e3a691f72b97cce31d85740e8dc12cafc9f53#diff-2268700876655bdfa9d178b9cc466277

I've updated the gist and wiki page to take that change into account; simply download the new gist, as shown on a reloaded wiki page.

Also, I haven't tried cross-compiling from Windows, so you may run into other problems there. The main one I can think of is that the test runner targets I added to CMake may have an issue, but there could be additional incompatibilities that I simply haven't run into on linux. Hopefully, it just works. :)

Anyway, this is a good reason to get all this stuff merged soon, which is what I was looking into now anyway, although that particular change is from Kai's long-unmerged longdouble2 branch.

Reply via email to