On Monday, 15 February 2016 at 12:11:39 UTC, Edwin van Leeuwen wrote:
Plotcli[1] is a command line application that can create plots by parsing text/csv files and from piped data, making it useful during data analysis.

Plotcli v0.8.0 has been largely rewritten to use ggplotd[2] as its backend. This results in more beautiful plots and gives us greater control over the exact plots created. Note though that the command line arguments are incompatible with previous releases.

Plotcli (through ggplotd) can now also show the plots in a gtk window, through using `plotcli --format gtk`. Previously versions only supported saving the resulting plots to files.

Examples and more documentation are available on the its github page:
https://github.com/BlackEdder/plotd

[1] https://github.com/BlackEdder/plotd
[2] https://github.com/BlackEdder/ggplotd

This looks very cool - does it take long to export the png file?

Particularly with the -f flag, if the data file is updated, how long until does it take to print? I know I could check, but you prob know the answer :P