On Wednesday, 9 March 2016 at 18:56:10 UTC, Markus Laker wrote:
On Saturday, 5 March 2016 at 16:28:25 UTC, karabuta wrote:
I think he meant: [git status --help], where you have three attributes with the last one being the flag. So in addition to: [status --help] by default, you also have: [git status --help] to get help on status only.

Argon doesn't directly support subcommands. That probably stems from a bias of mine: that subcommands make it harder for the author to parse the command and to generate good error messages, and also that they make it harder for users to use unfamiliar commands, because users must read a man page that documents eleven things they have no interest in doing just to get to the one thing that they need to do in order to get on with their day. At work, where I have written and I still maintain many hundreds of commands, I've moved away from subcommands completely: every operation gets a command of its own. But I know that not everyone agrees with me, and that's OK. If we want to debate this topic further, we should probably move the discussion from Announce to General.

It shouldn't be hard to write some reusable code to do this, if it were a common requirement.

I don't like subcommands myself. That's why Linux is such as mess with so much inconsistencies.