On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 16:42:27 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
Is this intended as a Stylist style option for the site?

Yeah, I just don't want to bother with authenticating on their site right now. Feel free to submit it if you'd like to see it there. I don't know how maintenance/updating of userstyles on the Stylish repository works but how bad could it be? :)

Light writing on dark background is so much nicer that the reverse.

I personally agree, but I don't really care which is the default as long as both are available.

The issue with light-on-dark is that if it's not applied consistently then the occasional "flashes of light" will be really disruptive, bordering on painful, and apparently for some people it's even a medical issue. I really like how Stylish handles this conveniently in a non-intrusive manner. People who don't care don't even have to know about it.