On 28-Apr-2016 21:31, deadalnix wrote:
On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 17:58:50 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 17:29:05 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

What's the benefit? I mean after CTFE-decompression they are going to
add weight to the binary as much as decompressed files.

Compression on the other hand might be helpful to avoid
precompressing everything beforehand.

The compiler can load files faster, that are being used by ctfe only.
Which would be stripped out by the linker later.
And keep in mind that it also works at runtime.

Memory is scarce at compiletime and this can help reducing the memory
requirements. When a bit of structure is added on top.

Considering the speed and memory consumption of CTFE, I'd bet on the
exact reverse.

Yeah, the whole CTFE to save compile-time memory sounds like a bad joke to me;)

Also, the damn thing is allocation in a loop.

--
Dmitry Olshansky