On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 18:31:25 UTC, deadalnix wrote:

Also, the damn thing is allocation in a loop.

I would like a have an allocation primitive for ctfe use.
But that would not help too much as I don't know the size I need in advance. storing that in the header is optional, and unfortunately lz4c does not store it by default.

decompressing the lz family takes never more space then uncompressed size of the data. The working set is often bounded. In the case of lz4 it's restricted to 4k in the frame format.
and to 64k by design.