On Sunday, 10 April 2016 at 20:18:28 UTC, Lewis wrote:
On Thursday, 7 April 2016 at 07:44:48 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 April 2016 at 22:43:05 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
Glad to announce D 2.071.0.

I read somewhere recently about performance regressions in DMD. Were these related the import and module fixes? Were they fixed? Do they depend on any dmd switches?

Thanks anyway!

I just updated one of my projects from 2.069.0 to 2.071.0, and saw the build time jump from ~1.7s to ~2.5s. Take this single informal data point with a huge grain of salt obviously, but I am also curious about the details of this. DMD's speed is one of D's selling points to me, and I might roll back until performance improves if there isn't a straightforward fix.

Agreed though, otherwise a great release. Thanks for everyone's hard work!

Late to the party, but congratulations and great work on another impressive release! Thanks to everyone involved!

Just wanted to report a very large decrease in build performance.
Compare a debug build on Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit with ld.gold.

with 2.070.2:
real    0m9.775s
user    0m9.036s
sys     0m0.700s

with 2.071.0:
real    0m45.011s
user    0m41.760s
sys     0m3.144s

Since this release is not critical for us, despite including many great changes, we will also stick to DMD 2.070.2 and hope for a fix in a future release, if at all possible.