On Thursday, 12 May 2016 at 23:14:05 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
Steven Schveighoffer, el 12 de May a las 16:55 me escribiste:
On 5/12/16 4:13 PM, Seb wrote:
>On Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 09:17:54 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>>To do the editing of HD videos we need presentation slides >>which are currently scattered over different places. It >>would help a lot to have them all in >>github.com/dlang/dlang.org repo - please submit pull >>requests asap!
>Just a minor complaint - would it be possible for the next >dconf to have the slides (or a link to them) on dconf.org >before the talk starts? Thanks for the great work!

I think it's better to not have the slides available until the talk starts. There may be jokes/surprises in the slides that you don't want to give away before the talk happens :)

Exactly, I would say it depends on the talk, for my talk I didn't want to provide the slides beforehand ;-)

Here's a crazy idea: provide a simple/short URL to the slides as the second slide of your talk (and speak out loud the URL just in case the camera doesn't get it) :)

Bonus: getting the slides on the presenting machine becomes easy too. (Just make sure that the relevant software supports the features that your presentation uses, cough...)