On Friday, 13 May 2016 at 15:24:22 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

You only *need* the slides for when you can watch the talk. Having the slides beforehand may be confusing and unhelpful. This means there is no reason to provide the slides until the talk actually happens.

I almost want to say, if you need to see the presentation live, attend the conference :) In some past conferences, there were no live streams, and people survived. It's nice to have, but it somewhat removes the incentive to support the conference by attending.

Have you checked out some of the older DConf pages where the slides aren't still available? That's a little frustrating. In my opinion, it reflects poor organizational skills.

The best time to get the slides is before the presenter speaks. No slides, no speak. Also, if they need to make changes, they can always upload a newer version.