On 18 May 2016 1:25 PM, "Bill Hicks via Digitalmars-d-announce" <
digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 09:34:53 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
>>

>> As a South African, I can only say that you are talking nonsense
regarding the horse/zebra joke. If you've been to Africa you will
understand; there really are a lot more Zebra than horses. Although I must
admit I think of horses or Monty Python when I hear hoofbeats.

>> Andrei: Really good talk, thanks for sharing!
>

> Don't get it twisted.
>
> There are whites living in South Africa, and they are certainly not
African.  'Africans' refers to the people, the black people, and not all
Africans live in the continent of Africa, because of things like the
slavery.  The fact that Andrei referred to the people is what makes it
racist.  What's the next joke, something about Africans enjoying fried
chicken?

And then what. That the English often enjoy soccer/football?

Stop trying to alienate us. While I'm "white" (more like brown) I'm so
African even my grand parents couldn't get ancestral visas. I also happen
to be Irish so don't even start the slavery BS unless you do your history
research first.