On 05/21/2016 04:45 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On 20 May 2016 at 18:26, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
On 5/19/2016 11:50 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

Ah. Okay, well while this is a very interesting talk, I was indeed
hoping you were going to make a D concepts proposal... do you have
such a thing in mind, or are you against concepts in D?

D has constraints. No point in adding concepts.

I really struggle to agree. Constraints are a good first-step in that
direction, but they're unwieldy, produce the worst looking function
signatures (read: documentation) of literally any language ever
conceived, relatively awkward error feedback, and very quickly get out
of hand if you have many variations of possible constraints.

I guess a lot more detail would be necessary here. A bunch of good folks (at least better than me) have worked for over a decade on C++ concepts and three (three!) proposals later it's still unclear whether they're a good idea. -- Andrei