On Saturday, 4 June 2016 at 00:41:33 UTC, Meta wrote:
On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 00:36:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Today I committed the first 5112 lines of D code to Facebook's repository. The project is in heavy daily use at Facebook. Compared to the original version (written in C++) we've measured massive wins in all of source code size, build speed, and running speed.

In all likelihood we'll follow up with a blog post describing the process.

Andrei

Since this thread has been brought back to life anyway, does anyone know if Facebook is still using D now that Andrei has left?

Spoke quite recently to a chap still there and he said yes, they are.