On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 at 01:30:53 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 07:00:56 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
Hi everyone,

It is a great pleasure to announce that version 1.0.0 of LDC, the LLVM-based D compiler, is now available for download!

The release is based on the 2.070.2 frontend and standard library and supports LLVM 3.5-3.8. We provide binaries for Linux, OX X, Win32 & Win64, Linux/ARM (armv7hf). :-)

As usual, you can find links to the changelog and the binary packages over at digitalmars.D.ldc:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/lwsnqbravjqbnnryv...@forum.dlang.org

Regards,
Kai

What made you say it is 1.0.0 ? In what way is this is a major milestone ?

LDC is really stable for quite some time. I felt that the 0.xx version scheme was no longer appropriate. E.g. many companies still consider a 0.xx version as not production ready. I raised the topic on the newsgroup. Outcome of the discussion was that the first version based on the frontend written in D should be version 1.0. (This is a major milestone.)

In this sense there is nothing special about this version. We tried to make it the best LDC version ever - but we have this goal for every LDC release.

Regards,
Kai