On Tue, 2016-06-07 at 01:30 +0000, deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 07:00:56 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > It is a great pleasure to announce that version 1.0.0 of LDC,
> > the LLVM-based D compiler, is now available for download!
> >
> > The release is based on the 2.070.2 frontend and standard
> > library and supports LLVM 3.5-3.8. We provide binaries for
> > Linux, OX X, Win32 & Win64, Linux/ARM (armv7hf). :-)
> >
> > As usual, you can find links to the changelog and the binary
> > packages over at digitalmars.D.ldc:
> > http://forum.dlang.org/post/lwsnqbravjqbnnryv...@forum.dlang.org
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kai
>
> What made you say it is 1.0.0 ? In what way is this is a major
> milestone ?

Because they wanted to. It is major exactly because they have said it
is no longer 0.x.y but 1.x.y. Using the usual (albeit fatuous) manager
thing that 0.x.y is not ready for production but 1.x.y is: LDC has been
production ready for ages, the team have now said that this is so.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net