On Sunday, 10 July 2016 at 05:03:46 UTC, Dietrich Daroch wrote:
Hi everyone (=

I've just added a new proposal to add a new attribute to ensure TCO is applied.

The proposal is really simple, but I'm clueless on how to implement it and also interested on getting feedback on it.

In contrast to what many folks expect, TCO is affecting program semantics in a way that changes stack overflow to normal execution.

Therefore it's not an optimization but part of semantics, and there should be a way to mark a call as a tail-call in any optimization level.

It was a big road block for me when I tried to implement threaded-code interpreter, because it will stack overflow in debug mode.

The proposal it's ready for merge on the new [DIPs repo](https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/6)

--
Dietrich