On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 20:47:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Dan Grossman, an exceptionally accomplished PL researcher from University of Washington, is teaching a MOOC on Coursera. The class starts on July 25 and is free unless you want accreditation. Highly recommended.

https://www.coursera.org/learn/programming-languages

Andrei

I took the first edition of this class, and it was the best MOOC I've taken (probably the only one for which I actually made it to the end). He is one of the few that does well with the format.

Note the statement "with a strong emphasis on functional programming" - as I recall, it was mostly a functional programming class, as you'd expect when the first two languages are Standard ML and Racket. Highly recommended for anyone that wants to go reasonably deep into functional programming. It's definitely NOT a beginning programming course.