Am 28.07.2016 um 15:26 schrieb Chris:
On Monday, 25 July 2016 at 09:29:38 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
The Diet template language is aimed at providing a way to define
procedurally generated HTML/XML pages (or other output formats), with
minimal visual noise. Syntax and feature set are heavily inspired by
Jade <http://jade-lang.org/>, but instead of JavaScript, all
expressions and statements are D statements, and everything that can
be done at compile-time is done at compile-time.

Vibe.d still contains the original implementation, which was written
around the limitations of DMD's CTFE engine back years ago, and is
basically a monolithic parser+generator with little flexibility and a
number of convenience features missing, because of their
implementation complexity. The new implementation has been rewritten
cleanly, with separate parser, modifier and generator modules, working
on a common DOM tree intermediate representation.

The major new features/improvements are:

  - No external dependencies other than Phobos
  - Supports inline and nested tags syntax
  - Supports string interpolations within filter nodes (falls back to
    runtime filters)
  - Supports AngularJS special attribute names
  - Extensible/configurable with traits structures
  - Uses less memory during compilation (this one was a real surprise)
  - (Unit) tested from the start
  - Supports arbitrary uses other than generating HTML, for example we
   use it similar to QML/XAML for our internal UI framework

The API documentation can be shown ba running DUB:
   dub fetch diet-ng --version=1.0.0-alpha.2
   dub run diet-ng -b ddox

You can try the library directly, or together with the latest alpha
release of vibe.d (0.7.30-alpha.3). Simply add a dependency to
"diet-ng", version "~>1.0.0-alpha.2". Vibe.d will automatically
re-route render!(...) calls to diet-ng.

A small example with just the most essential features is shown in the
README:
https://code.dlang.org/packages/diet-ng

More complex real-world examples:
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibed.org/tree/master/views
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox/tree/master/views

Any comments/requests regarding the feature set or API are highly
welcome!

Great stuff! Very much appreciated. Btw, the link to jade-lang.org
(don't click!) leads to a dodgy business homepage atm. The right address is

http://jade-lang.com/

Oh, dang! Thanks for mentioning this. Fortunately I copy/pasted the right link to the README.