On Friday, 5 August 2016 at 12:22:05 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Friday, 5 August 2016 at 01:28:39 UTC, Emre Temelkuran wrote:
It should definitely be the reference compiler. Why they're wasting power with parallel compilers. :(

LLVM lags in windows support, and GDC can generate faster code and supports more architectures.

I *seriously* doubt GDC's Windows support is better than LDC's. ;) And comparing GDC/LDC to DMD is comparing apples to oranges due to the immense difference in backend/optimizer complexity and supported architectures.

The only missing biggie in LLVM for Windows right now is .pdb support (debuginfos), which is under active development. Apart from that, LLVM's Windows support is close to ideal, fitting nicely into the native MSVC toolchain (true for both clang and LDC).

I'd also argue that LDC can also generate faster code than GDC for some inputs. ;) I'd expect their performance to be more or less on par on average.