On Thursday, 11 August 2016 at 22:07:57 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
The scheme does not implement borrowing. References to internal data should be returned via 'return ref' or 'return scope', where their usage will be limited to the expression they appear in.

I want to make sure we have the same understanding here: the use-case I'm interested in is a data structure that needs to hold a reference to data it does not own -- where, obviously, the lifetime of the data structure cannot outlive the lifetime of the data it references.

Surely this scope proposal ought to address that use-case?
              • ... Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: DI... Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: DIP1000: Scoped Poi... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: DIP1000: Scoped Poi... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: DIP1000: Scope... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: DIP1000: Scope... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: DIP1000: S... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: DIP100... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: DI... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce