On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 16:54:18 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 13:01:29 UTC, Seb wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 12:12:30 UTC, Seb wrote:
[...]
I fixed that and also added how many samples were generated per run (10M), thanks!

Btw I quickly added the run-time for C++ (for G++ and clang++ with -O3)

I think you should add compiler/runtimelib versions for all measurements, and all relevant flags.
I'm happy to see you are using LDC for benchmarking;

What else? ;-)

don't  forget to mention the LLVM version for LDC's version.

Oh that's at the header of the benchmark script:

https://github.com/libmir/mir/blob/master/benchmarks/flex/normal_dist.d

I excluded it from the post to avoid visual noise as I thought that the ones that are interested will check it anyhow.

You already wrote `-O3` for the C++ measurements,

Now that I added the flags for C++ directly in the script it probably got very confusing. Sorry, I will replace C++ flags with a link to the benchmark soon.

did you not use -mcpu=native or some other performance changing flags?

See the benchmark file above.