On Monday, 29 August 2016 at 17:03:34 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
We're happy to report that the D Language Foundation is now a public charity operating under US Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). The decision is retroactive to September 23, 2015.

This has wide-ranging implications, the most important being that individuals and organizations may make tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers, or gifts to the Foundation. We will mull over defining donation and sponsorship packages in the near future. If interesting in donating spontaneously, feel free to reach out to us via email at foundat...@dlang.org.

Many thanks are due to the folks in this community who asked for and supported this initiative.

Thanks,

Andrei

Thanks for your work on this Andrei.