On Thursday, 15 December 2016 at 19:15:41 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 15 December 2016 at 18:43, Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
[...]

I think I understand what you are trying to say, but I've had to re-read it at least a dozen times because you' either grok very little about how the internals are threaded together, or fully grok that but invented your own words to describe them.

In either case, you're complaints are easily resolved by using a cross-compiler. You don't need to building D programs for new targets on the same CPU that will be running the program.

And I think this is the point that you are missing. Even though you are alluding to wanting a D compiler that does not depend on druntime (what you call betterC, which is at best a gross misunderstanding of what betterC actually does).

To almost prove a point, there are 26 cross compilers for GDC in Debian, almost all of which do not have druntime library support (yet).

https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=stretch&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=gdc-6-

Ah, this is awesome! Thank you!
I though that we have not easy way for cross-compilation. If cross-compilation is not a problem then I am OK about DMD FE depends on DRuntime.

BTW, when the next GDC release will be available?