On Sunday, 25 December 2016 at 19:41:38 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
Happy holidays everybody,

I'm happy to finally announce the release of new GDC binaries at https://gdcproject.org/downloads.

Congratulations!

massive internal changes in GDC in preparation for the DDMD frontend

Sounded very exiting what I heard from Iain recently.

* Shared library support: We added support for shared libraries to GDC

Great, might be time to revive https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/617 soon.

* New mechanism to link system dependencies: All system libraries
  needed by phobos (-ldl, -lrt, -latomic) are detected in the
phobos ./configure script. The required dependencies are added to a libgphobos.spec file and installed along with the libgphobos.so/.a libraries. GDC then reads this file to detect the required libraries,
  so the libraries are no longer hard coded in GDC. Note for
distribution packagers: You must make sure to manually install this
  file if you do not use the standard make install command.

Sounds interesting for dmd as well.

Travis-CI should pick up the new release from now on.

Thanks for updating :)

It's actually all handled by the install.sh script, so you'll also get the latest gdc with `curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s gdc` and anything else using that script, e.g. Travis-CI and the Heroku buildpack.