On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 at 22:48:30 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
On Friday, 30 December 2016 at 04:19:47 UTC, apz28 wrote:
This is my first package to learn D. Suggestion for improvement is welcome.

https://github.com/apz28/dlang-xml

Welcome here!

- you don't have to commit .sln files, dub can generate them as needed
- that is for a package that will be reused you can use dub :)
- no need to use @property, there was a recent discussion about it. I think you can ignore it altogether. - you can use "final" before a class declaration to have all methods be final

  final class C { /* all methods are final /= }

- no need for "public import std.exception : Exception;" to use Exception

imho the XML parser to beat in our ecosystem is kxml, which is small and serviceable

1. no need for "public import std.exception
Fixed

2. Compare to kxml
- kxml seem be faster but
- kxml is still missing various xml function, such as prefix, custom entity, load from file, sax ... - kxml do not pass the test ibm suit (not able to evaluate further) (https://github.com/lodo1995/experimental.xml/tree/master/tests/ibm). Died with range violation xml.d(516) for "<doc><![CDATA[</doc>"