On Monday, 30 January 2017 at 02:56:27 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
I've been working on a big refresh of mysql-native's API, to take care of various issues that have appeared with it. It involves some major breaking changes (although I've tried to keep old interfaces around for the moment, but marked deprecated), so I wanted to post it before committing to it so those interested have a change to take a look, give feedback, catch problems, etc.

It is all really nice, but I think it would be nice to have an API that is as close to the C API as possible, for those developers out there familiar with the MySQL C API.