On Tuesday, 31 January 2017 at 11:11:28 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
The first release of the revamped core module [1] is nearing, and along with that, a compatible vibe.d release (0.8.0). The new core module is still opt-in in this release and can be activated using a `subConfiguration "vibe-d:core" "vibe-core"` directive in dub.sdl (`"subConfigurations": {"vibe-d:core": "vibe-core"}` in dub.json).

I am always excited to see a new release of vibe-d. Thank you!

- Large parts of the API are now annotated with nothrow and @safe. In case of APIs that depend on callbacks, these can be breaking changes,
  but the most prominent places have deprecation paths in place.

Is it possible to have non-@safe callbacks be part of the non-deprecated API? Personally, I think @safe adds very little value compared to the headaches it causes and the time and efforts required to have every piece of your code properly annotated (it is sometimes impossible when using dependencies or even phobos and druntime without going into the lengthy process of doing upstream changes and waiting for new versions).

I don't think it adds value because I write my code in idiomatic D, which is mostly safe in reality but not necessarily @safe compliant.

On the other hand, I am all for nothrow changes.