Revision 4 of the ldc2 snap package is now available in the 'edge' channel of the snap store. This still provides LDC 1.1.0 with an LLVM 3.9.1 backend, but has been rebuilt in a clean build using the latest `snapcraft` release, which has improved support for classic snaps across different distributions.

This package should therefore now work on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as well as on 16.04 or later.

Link-time optimization (the `-flto={full,thin}` flag) is however still limited to Ubuntu 16.04 or later: on 14.04 it will fail with a linker error.

As always, I'd be very happy if people could try this out and let me know how it works for you.

-- to install --

This package should be possible to install on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or Ubuntu 14.04, as well as any other distro making available a recent version of snapd (2.21 or later):
https://snapcraft.io/docs/core/install

Once snapd is installed (on Ubuntu or Debian, `sudo apt install snapd`), the ldc2 snap can be installed with:

    sudo snap install --classic --edge ldc2

If you already have a version installed, you can upgrade it with:

    sudo snap refresh --classic --edge ldc2

Note, if this version breaks something for you, you can downgrade to revision 3 with:

    sudo snap refresh --classic --edge --revision=3 ldc2

  • Updated LDC snap packag... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce