On Wednesday, 1 March 2017 at 21:48:27 UTC, Faux Amis wrote:

Question, do you know of any (plans to make a) deep learning framework in D? (like: http://caffe.berkeleyvision.org)

I only recall a previous discussion on this thread

As noted on that thread, it's a lot of work, but if you're interested in it there's no reason you can't help make contributions of some kind or another. Rather than think about the whole library, you could think about what would be precursors to a good machine learning library. Integration between Mir GLAS and Dcompute is pretty obvious as machine learning libraries are pretty computationally intensive. Along the same lines, an autodiff library would be very helpful. I would expect that D would provide a good framework for building one, especially given Ilya's success with GLAS. Machine learning libraries also make heavy use of graphs. I see that there is a Dgraph, but the dub page says it is still experimental. I'm sure there's a bunch of other things that I haven't even thought of.