Something pretty exciting happened yesterday: I registered for an independent study to build a basic garbage collector in D at my university.

This is exciting for me because I really enjoyed the work I did during the last GSoC, so I'm hoping to learn more about garbage collection and contribute to D's garbage collector more in the future.

This is especially exciting for the D community because my professor wants me to give a presentation at the end, which will expose more professors and students to this language. I don't have many details about it, but I'm hoping to have it recorded so it can be posted.