On Saturday, 4 March 2017 at 16:59:05 UTC, bpr wrote:
On Friday, 3 March 2017 at 19:00:00 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
This is exciting for me because I really enjoyed the work I did during the last GSoC, so I'm hoping to learn more about garbage collection and contribute to D's garbage collector more in the future.

What's the status of that work with respect to the D main line? Last I checked there's this https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1603 which is just hanging.

The precise GC is going to continue to hang until it can be tweaked to be as fast or faster than the conservative GC we have now.

Me working on it has effectively stalled because school takes up much of my time and I'm still pretty lacking in experience with garbage collection. That's pretty much why I'm doing the study.