On Friday, 7 April 2017 at 15:14:40 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6680

Yes, this is for real! Symantec has given their permission to relicense it. Thank you, Symantec!

That is really good news!
One less shackle preventing users from adopting :D (and if I am not mistaken, directly contributing to DMD)

I was just discussing it with Steve at our Boston D Meetup last week and he explained how it was "techincally" free, but needed your explicit blessing for each case—which was guaranteed. Strange how things work in this world many times—especially where software is involved.

--
Sameer