On Friday, 7 April 2017 at 19:37:14 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Friday, April 07, 2017 08:14:40 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6680

Yes, this is for real! Symantec has given their permission to relicense it. Thank you, Symantec!

Well, this is certainly great news.

Does this make dmd the only compiler that's fully boost-licensed? Usually, licenses like the GPL or BSD license get used. I don't get the impression that the boost license is all that common - at least not for actual programs as opposed to libraries. From what I've seen, the fact that we use it so heavily in the D community is abnormal, though it's as hassle-free as you can get with an open source license, which is great.

- Jonathan M Davis

I was thinking the same thing. Its probably the most permissive compiler out there now. MIT almost equal though.