On 5/22/17 4:51 PM, Johan Engelen wrote:
On Monday, 22 May 2017 at 15:05:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
http://dlang.org/blog/2017/05/22/introspection-introspection-everywhere/ -- Andrei

A fun read!

"(Late at night, I double checked. Mozilla’s CheckedInt is just as bad as I remembered. They do a division to test for multiplication overflow. Come on, put a line of assembler in there! Portability is worth a price, just not any price.)"

Shocked: do you use assembly in Checked and cripple the optimizer?!?!
Luckily, no. But LDC and GDC do create the `seto` instruction I think you were hinting at:
https://godbolt.org/g/0jUhgs

(LDC doesn't do as good as it could, https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2131)

Thanks! Yes, seto is what I thought of - one way or another, it gets down to using a bit of machine-specific code to get there. I'll note that dmd does not generate seto (why?): https://goo.gl/nRjNMy. -- Andrei