On Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at 08:18:26 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

So for LDC to be as good as GDC, you need to need to compile with -enable-ldc-amazing-feature-cross-module-inlining?

In this case, yep.

If you want a hint (though it's not my place to say), LLVM I'm told is a reasonably OK compiler, and any reasonably OK compiler should come with overflow intrinsics - try using them directly.

Pleasantly surprised that you think so highly of LDC and LLVM that you assume we are able to get the `seto` instruction in this case without using an overflow intrinsic.

- Johan