On Friday, 9 June 2017 at 12:15:50 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
[it] can use the *actual* i/o routines [at compile-time] you would use at runtime is pretty impressive.

Stefan would have a field day with this power :)

Infact I think this would scale pretty badly.
I do not want to debug some ctfe which loads dlls and does god what to the environment. Even the restricted form of ctfe D supports is pretty hard to get right. If I'd had to worry about an interface to runtime code I'd be a little unhappy.