On Monday, 19 June 2017 at 08:24:09 UTC, bioinfornatics wrote:
On Monday, 29 May 2017 at 09:33:05 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that the dcompute modifications to LDC are now in the master branch of LDC. The dcompute extensions require LLVM 3.9.1 or greater for NVPTX/CUDA and my fork[1] of LLVM for SPIRV.

Someone (sorry I've forgotten who!) at dconf said they'd make a docker image of the dependencies (ldc llvm), if you're reading please let me know! Or if someone else wants to do it thats good too.

I'm still quite busy until July (honours thesis), but if anyone wanting to contribute to either the runtime stuff [2](all D), LDC [3] or LLVM [1](mostly C++) I'm happy to answer any questions, providing testing and performance feedback on diverse systems is also appreciated. Feel free to drop a line at https://gitter.im/libmir/public

[1]: https://github.com/thewilsonator/llvm/tree/compute
[2]: https://github.com/libmir/dcompute
[3]: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc

Hi,

I would like to know :
 - what we can do with the library name "dcompute" ?

The library enables you to launch kernels written with the accompanying complier extensions (the focus of this announcement). It also provides the intrinsics to enable writing the kernels.
Does this means that I can wrote In Dlang a piece of code and execute it on the GPU ?

Yes, with some restrictions: recursion is prohibited, as are classes exceptions, the keyword 'synchronized' global variables (for now) and probably some others that I'm forgetting.

 - where can I find some example ?

There are some examples on the wiki (https://github.com/libmir/dcompute/wiki), although they are likely incomplete and slightly out of date. I will be updating and greatly improving them as development progresses (continuing about halfway through July).

If you have any questions feel free to ask them on https://gitter.im/libmir/public.

              • R... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: D... Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: D... solidstate1991 via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: DCompute is no... piotrklos via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: DCompute is now in the ... bioinfornatics via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: DCompute is now in... Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce