On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 12:21:02 UTC, piotrklos wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 06:00:57 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Monday, 29 May 2017 at 20:36:26 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
[...]

For what it's worth, I see "Compute" used all the time to refer to this stuff. OpenCL stands for Open Computing Language and you'll see it reference "compute devices" frequently in documentation about it. CUDA (originally) stood for Compute Unified Device Architecture.

We're all in the business of computation but the hardware accelerated processing people seem pretty keen on using "compute" to describe what they do. DCompute would fit right in and its purpose would be clear to anyone in that particular field, I think.

+1

+1
              • R... bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Wulfklaue via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: D... Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: D... solidstate1991 via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: DCompute is no... piotrklos via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: DCompute i... Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: DCompute is now in the ... bioinfornatics via Digitalmars-d-announce