On Sunday, 9 July 2017 at 19:56:20 UTC, Seb wrote:

Ouch - so how do we improve the status quo?
It's July, the packages are still listed as orphans [1], haven't received the 2.074.1 update and the Arch TUs are clearly not interested in maintaining it (its flagged as out-of-date since beginning of June). Moreover, with the recent move to -fPIC (which currently is in -fPIC), the packages would need a rebuilt with -fPIC (see [2]).
Anyone with an idea?

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/dmd
[2] http://forum.dlang.org/post/gpbyhmdsudlmapsvv...@forum.dlang.org

As I wrote elsewhere in this thread, I quit using Arch because of related problems. The answer (assuming things are still run the way they were back then) is that you're not able to do anything about it. You won't see anything done with the official package and you won't be able to put anything in AUR because there is an official package. Perhaps we can post a pkgbuild on dlang.org.